Here at Bet Sites we are fully committed to ensure that every one of our users bets fully within their means and adheres to safe and responsible gambling at all times when using this site. We endeavour to ensure that all players keep their gambling habits under control and as such, we have provided full advice on how to gamble responsibly and hot to recognise that you might have a problem with gambling. We have also included useful links to Gambleaware.co.uk and Gamcare where players can receive full help and assistance as well as advice in the event that they feel their gambling is becoming a problem.
Responsible Gambling Advice from Bet Sites UK
- Only gamble what you can afford to lose
- Set money limits and bet within a pre-set budget
- Don’t chase losses made through previous gambling
- Take numerous breaks when gambling
- Limit time spent gambling
- Always gamble purely for fun
- Don’t gamble when drunk or under influence of drugs
- Never gamble when depressed
- Never gamble when angry or frustrated
- Always put friends and family before gambling
- Help is available, never be afraid to ask. It costs nothing!!!
Signs that your gambling might be a problem
- You try to chase earlier losses
- You think more about gambling
- You sound more time gambling than before
- You lose interest in hobbies and pastimes
- You gamble ever increasing amounts
- You lose your savings
- You start to borrow money for gambling
- You start stealing for gambling
- You become depressed and withdrawn
Responsible Gambling from your bookmaker
All online bookmakers have a duty of care for their customers and to that end they all offer a range of settings designed to limit your time spent and the amount of money spent on gambling if you think that it is becoming out of control. These will help you to keep control of your gambling and the tools available include:
- Deposit limit
- Check alert which notifies you of the amount of time spent gambling
- Cooling off period to block access to gambling website for specified period
- Check betting transactions
- Request to bookmaker to block you for specified period
Click Below for Gambling Help
BeGambleAware – At BeGambleAware you will find all of the essential information you might need so that you can recognise immediately any gambling problems you might have and get all the help and support you need.
Gamcare – Gamcare is a registered charity which will provide help for those who need it via counselling and confidential telephone support.